EDVANCE TECHNOLONY (HONG KONG) LIMITED
This policy (“Policy”) sets out how Edvance Technology (Hong Kong) Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Edvance Technology”, “we”, “our” or “us”) collect, use, store and handle personal data.
1. OUR PLEDGE
We are committed to safeguard the privacy of individuals with respect to your personal data. We assure that our policies and practices, and those adopted by our affiliated companies in relation to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of your personal data comply with the requirements under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486) (the “Ordinance”) under the laws of Hong Kong, as well as the relevant code of practice and guidance issued by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong. The meaning of the term “personal data” adopted in this Statement is defined in the Ordinance.
Where our operations are subject to privacy legislation other than that of Hong Kong (such as due to our carrying out of operational functions outside of Hong Kong), this Policy shall apply so far as it is consistent with such local legislation.
To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about providing your Personal Data to us, we outline in this Policy our practices and the choices you have concerning the collection and use of your Personal Data.
2. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The types of Personal Data we collect from you will depend on the specific type of services and products as requested by, or provided to, you. The types of Personal Data may include (without limitation) the following:
- your personal information (e.g. your name, gender, date of birth, passport or other personally identifiable number);
- your contact information (e.g. telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses and fax numbers);
- your business information (e.g. company name, business title and associated contact information);
- your credit or debit or other charge cards information (e.g. name of cardholder, card number, billing address);
- your interests, personal preferences or comments;
- your comments and responses to market surveys, contests and promotional offers conducted by us or on our behalf; and/or
- information when you use our websites or other services or products (e.g. behavioural information, purchasing history, location information, browser details, IP addresses).
Certain Personal Data (e.g. relating to your personal information and contact information) are required for specific services. Refusal to provide such information may render us unable to handle any products, services or request you are making, or may deny you access to certain parts of our websites, or may otherwise defeat the objectives of your visit. If you are under the age of 18, consent from your parent or guardian is required before you provide us with any personal data.
3. PURPOSES FOR WHICH YOUR PERSONAL DATA ARE COLLECTED AND USED
The purposes for which your Personal Data are collected and used may include (without limitation) one or more of the following purposes:
- for the supply of any services, products, facilities and/or other subjects (together, the “Services”) which we or any of our subsidiaries and associated companies (together, “Edvance Technology”) may offer to you, or you may require from us, from time to time;
- for payment purposes for any of the Services of Edvance Technology, including verification of credit card details with third parties;
- for use of the online services available at any of the websites of Edvance Technology and/or through other telecommunication channels;
- with your consent, for marketing or promoting any of the Services of Edvance Technology (e.g. sending you updates on our latest offers and promotions in relation to any of our Services from time to time);
- with your consent, for promoting and soliciting donations or contributions for charitable or nonprofit making causes;
- for development, sale or purchase of any of the Services of Edvance Technology and/or for management or other related services;
- for identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the Services that may be supplied to you;
- for communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means, including contacting you regarding your enquiries;
- for conducting research and/or analysis from time to time to better understand your preferences, interests, experiences and/or habits;
- for designing new and/or enhancing existing Services, activities, contests and/or other events (together, the “Activities”) relating to Edvance Technology’s products and services
- for managing customer relationship
- for making disclosures when required by law, regulation, or court order of any jurisdiction and/or as requested by any government, regulatory or law enforcement authority or administrative organization, which may be within or outside The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”);
- for establishing legal claims or defences, obtaining legal advice, and/or exercising, defending and/or protecting the rights or properties of any member of Edvance Technology, including identifying, contacting or bringing legal action against any person who may be causing interference with such rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise) or where any other person could be harmed or property of any other person could be damaged by such interfering activities;
- for the use by any member of Edvance Technology in connection with any of the above purposes and/or any of the Services that any member of Edvance Technology may offer or supply to you from time to time; and/or
- for any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above, or any other purposes as specified in a personal information collection statement when your Personal Data is being collected, or any other purposes which you may from time to time agree.
We will not knowingly or intentionally use, share or sell your Personal Data in ways which are unrelated to the above purposes (or purposes as specified in a personal information collection statement when we collect your Personal Data) without your prior consent.
4. DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
To facilitate the purposes mentioned under “3. Purposes for which your Personal Data are Collected and Used”, we may transfer, disclose, grant access to or share your Personal Data with third parties located within or outside Hong Kong, and your Personal Data may be transferred within or outside Hong Kong. These third parties may include the following:
- any member of Edvance Technology;
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, marketing, research, distribution, data processing, telemarketing, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to or support the operation of Edvance Technology’s business (including its/their direct marketing activities);
- other business associates such as loyalty program operators and other companies involved in providing customer service or fulfilling customer requests;
- credit reference agencies, credit, debit and/or charge card companies and/or banks;
- medical professionals, clinics, hospitals, insurers and/or loss adjustors;
- any person, government or law enforcement authority or administrative organization;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to any member of Edvance Technology (including accountants, legal advisers or other advisers);
- any actual or proposed assignee or purchaser of all or any part of the business and/or asset of Edvance Technology; and/or
- charitable or non-profit marking organizations.
The Personal Data you provide to us may also be sourced from or transferred to other jurisdictions outside Hong Kong for the purposes mentioned above.
5. DIRECT MARKETING
If we intend to use your Personal Data (including your name and contact details) collected from you for direct marketing purposes (e.g. to send you marketing communications about news, offers or promotions in relation to the Services or Activities of Edvance Technology), we will first obtain your consent (or an indication of no objection) before doing so.
If we intend to provide your Personal Data (including your name and contact details) collected from you to third parties for their use in direct marketing, we will first obtain your consent (or an indication of no objection) before doing so.
If you agree to receive marketing communications but do not wish to receive them in the future, you may opt out of receiving them at any time, free of charge, by the following applicable means:
- unsubscribing by following the “Reply To” instructions contained in the marketing text message;
- following the unsubscribe instructions or hyperlink in the email;
- notifying us that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications when receiving our marketing calls; or
- contacting us at the address stated in paragraph 10 below to tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing communication through any channel.
6. COOKIES AND NON-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
Cookies are small computer files that can be stored in web surfers’ computers for the purposes of obtaining configuration information and analyzing web surfers’ viewing habits. They are non-identifying information that cannot be used to identify an individual person, such as technical information about your device, location, time zone, activity usage, performance metrics, anonymous behavioral information, and other aggregated information.
Our website needs cookies to function properly and distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a better experience when you browse our website.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for users to browse the site and use the features like page navigation. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Statistics cookies. We may also use Google Analytics to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Sites, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any personal information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by you use of the Services at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
7. DATA RETENTION
If you are a customer of ours, your personal data which you have given us via application form, internet or other means, during the service subscription period will be retained for a reasonable period after termination of your subscription. We will erase any unnecessary personal data from our system in accordance with our internal policy.
8. SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We use various encryption techniques to transmit via the Internet your personal data, which can only be accessed by our authorized personnel. Given the operational nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that the transmission is fully secure.
Our websites have firewalls in place, which should protect the Personal Data collected from you against unauthorized or accidental access. However, complete confidentiality and security is not yet possible over the internet, and privacy cannot be assured in your communications to us. You are encouraged to protect against unauthorized access to your password and credit card details. Make sure you sign out from your account when finished particularly when using a shared computer.
9. OTHER WEBSITES
In order to anticipate your needs, our websites may contain links to third party sites that are operated under different privacy practices.
All such websites are independent from our websites. We have no control over the contents of such other websites or their privacy policies or compliance with the law. You should therefore be fully aware the provision of such links does not constitute an endorsement, approval, or any form of association by or with Edvance Technology. We have no control over Personal Data that is submitted to these other websites. You should remain alert when you leave our websites, and read the privacy statements of other websites.
10. YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTACTING US
Whenever we process Personal Data, we take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Data accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which they were collected. We will provide you with the ability to exercise the following rights under the conditions and within the limits set forth in the law, subject to confidentiality obligations:
- the right to access your Personal Data as processed by us and, if you believe that any information relating to you is incorrect, obsolete or incomplete, to request its correction or updating;
- the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing before such withdrawal. If you wish to withdraw the consent, please use the “unsubscribe” option in the digital messages we send to you or contact us directly.
- the right to object, in whole or in part, to the processing of your personal data.
Edvance Technology (Hong Kong) Ltd.
18/F, Prosperity Center,
25 Chong Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon,
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. To the extent permitted by relevant laws and regulations, we reserve the right to refuse unreasonable requests (for example, requests which infringe the privacy of others). To the extent permitted by relevant laws and regulations, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the cost of processing any request set out above.
You may access and obtain a copy of this Policy, as amended from time to time, at www.edvanceintl.com so that you are always informed of the way we collect and use Personal Data.
Please note that this Policy is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.