File Transfer Direct
Ad hoc MFT Made Simple and Secure
Leveraging the email clients or Web browser people already use, File Transfer Direct:
- Provides an easy-to-use interface for sending large files, and the security, policy controls and visibility you need to protect your data – all in a solution that scales with business needs from department-level to enterprise-wide
- Minimizes risk and liability by proactively monitoring email attachments, automatically enforcing communications and security policies, and concretely demonstrating compliance with industry and government regulations
- Extend communications to trusted partners efficiently and securely with recipient identification, authentication and authorization, while still enforcing corporate policy and maintaining a complete audit trail with delivery confirmation
- Eliminates the temptation to resort to unmanaged, unsecured FTP servers, off-the-radar email accounts, and physical media alternatives such as burning CDs and thumb drives by supporting large file attachments (up to 50GB) from within an email client
- Cuts overall IT costs by lightening the management burden on IT staff and reducing email server, network, and storage requirements
Security, policy-based governance, and data loss prevention cut costs and reduce risks
With File Transfer Direct, you can bring traditional MFT principles to ad hoc file exchange by applying predefined or customized policy controls to large email attachments. File Transfer Direct fits right into existing IT architectures, improving the efficiency of email infrastructures while ensuring that files are delivered and tracked with security, integrity, and reliability.
Using predefined lexicons of keywords or custom-built policies, File Transfer Direct scans all outbound attachments to prevent costly, dangerous, and embarrassing data breaches. File Transfer Direct can identify:
- Confidential data that is subject to privacy and audit regulations, such as personal health information and credit card, Social Security, or account numbers
- Proprietary material, including business plans, product specifications, contracts, and sales figures
- More than 300 attachment types likely to include corporate assets or confidential information, such as spreadsheets, presentations, text documents, database files, and binary and nested files
- Industry buzzwords and terminology, like “guarantee” in financial services, or the name of a medical condition in health care.
Easy-to-use, seamless ad hoc managed file transfer fits the way people work
With File Transfer Direct, users can send large file attachments directly from a familiar interface, with virtually no change to the way they normally work. File Transfer Direct reduces mailbox storage requirements and works around the size quotas imposed by administrators by offloading attachments to the File Transfer Direct server. The result? Securely send large ad hoc files, no more lost or rejected email messages due to email attachments being too large, and no new desktop software or end-user training required. What’s more, Axway File Transfer Direct secures the data, confirms delivery, enforces compliance mandates, and provides a complete audit trail.