Thales allows organizations to meet the IT challenges of cloud, mobility, and escalating threats with authentication management platforms that offer flexible and simplified service delivery, and which address numerous use cases with the broadest range of authentication methods and tokens.
Authentication as a Service (AaaS)
More and more businesses embrace the benefits that derive from managing their data and applications in the cloud. As users access sensitive assets from a greater variety of devices and locations, organizations become vulnerable to new threats. AaaS enables organizations to easily apply strong authentication onto multiple access points.
Thales AaaS Products:
- SafeNet Trusted Access: STA Delivers AaaS with flexible token options, enabling a quick cloud migration and protecting data from any source – from cloud-based and on-premise applications to networks, users, and devices.
secure-remote-accessThales offers the most comprehensive identity access and management systems to administer, monitor, and manage strong authentication deployments across the organization.
Thales Management Platform:
- vSEC: A flexible smart card management system for enterprise deployments requiring on-premises card printing for PKI-based authentication and physical access.
Authenticators – Tokens, Smart Cards & Other Form Factors
Offering the broadest range of methods and form factors, Thales allows customers to address numerous use cases, assurance levels, and threat vectors with unified, centrally managed policies—managed from one authentication back end delivered in the cloud or on premise.
- Certificate-Based USB Tokens: Provide secure remote access as well as other advanced applications, including digital signing, password management, network logon, and combined physical/logical access.
- Context-Based & Step-Up Authentication: Context-based authentication, when combined with step-up authentication, optimizes a layered approach to access security by assessing user login attributes and matching them against pre-defined security policies.
- Certificate-Based Smart Cards: Strong multi-factor authentication in traditional credit card form factors that enable organizations to address their PKI security and access control needs.
- Hybrid Tokens: Authenticators that combine one-time password, encrypted flash memory or certificate-based technology on the same strong authentication device. View Product Details
- Mobile Phone- and Software-Based Authentication: Save on hardware and deployment costs, while users benefit by not having to carry an additional hardware token around with them.
- Pattern-Based Authentication: Also called Grid Authentication, presents the end-user with a matrix of cells which contain random characters, from which they select a 'personal identification pattern' (PIP).
- Out-of-Band Authentication: (OOB) authentication is a form of strong authentication that utilizes a communication channel other than the channel being accessed to provide a ‘something you have,’ second authentication factor.
- OTP Authenticators: Generate dynamic one-time passwords (OTPs) for properly authenticating users to critical applications and data, whether on a token, mobile device, or grid-based authentication.
Thales' security applications consist of middleware and password management software that enable users to securely store and manage user credentials.
Thales Security Applications Products:
- SafeNet Authentication Client: A middleware client that manages Thales' extensive portfolio of certificate-based smart cards, USB tokens, and software-based devices.